Straighter Teeth for Every Member of Your Family
In Sacramento, California, Dr. Calvin Garland at RiverLake Family Dental offers advanced orthodontic care for every member of your family. Whether a young child, teenager or adult, we can make sure that your smile is as straight as it can be.
Early Orthodontic Treatment
At approximately age 6, the first permanent teeth begin to erupt as baby teeth are lost. Bite problemscan surface even before this early age, and left unattended, can be difficult to correct at a later age or even cause irreparable damage to the permanent teeth. That’s why we recommend all children receive an orthodontic exam at an early age. Many orthodontic-related problems can be minimized and even prevented if caught during an exam.
For older patients, like teens and adults, RiverLake Family Dental can offer traditional wire braces and speed brackets, as well as the revolutionary Invisalign® “invisible” braces. Invisalign combines traditional orthodontic diagnosis and treatment with the latest 3D computer graphics technology.
We provide a series of custom-made, clear appliances (similar to mouthguards or bleaching trays) called aligners that are worn sequentially to produce extensive tooth movements normally achieved through conventional braces. And since these aligners are nearly invisible when worn, nobody will even know you’re wearing them!
Benefits of Invisalign
- Invisalign braces are virtually clear and unnoticeable.
- They are custom made to fit your teeth and address your specific orthodontic issues.
- The aligners do not cause mouth abrasions during orthodontic treatment.
- There are no metal braces or wires, so there is no risk of lost brackets, broken wires, or metal allergies.
- The aligners are removable, which improves your oral hygiene because you can brush and floss normally.
- There are no dietary restrictions, so you can remove your aligners and eat whenever you want.